Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sarah and Sam Get Married Day 2: The Long Walk

On our second day in Iowa Mike had to get up at 4 (again) to go visit Quad Cities nuclear power plant. Sadly, when sleeping in a hotel room if one person is awake, we're all awake. So once the boys and I ate, we hit the streets of Des Moines for a walk. It's a really beautiful and clean city---everyone was very friendly too.

We walked over to the state house, where a marching band met us---I'm thinking they were excited about a visitor from another state?
The boys found the state capitol to be a bit less exciting than I did (apparently Sophie and Mia were not enthused either).
By the time we were done with our walk, Michael the Elder, Mary Alice and Auntie Em were all in town! We walked over to the stadium to eat a picnic lunch and play in the fountain. Here's Oliver walking back with Grandpa and Gam. (Note, this is the bathing suit outfit that was worn on the plane).

No comments: